The wrongful death of a loved one can be intensely hard to accept and no amount of money is sufficient to fill the void left by losing a loved one. You can claim wrongful death in relation to losing any member of your family. Ontario law law states that a person's spouse, siblings, children, grandchildren, parents and grandparents may be entitled to receive compensation for a wrongful death claim.
Wrongful death may happen as a result of a:
- Car accident
- Pedestrian accident
- Motorcycle accident
- Cycling accident
- Snowmobile or other recreational vehicle accident
- Lack of proper maintenance of a property
There are time limits governing when you must notify the party at fault to be able to successfully bring a wrongful death claim. At Azimi Law we make sure that these deadlines are met, no evidence is misplaced and witnesses are contacted while their memories are still fresh.
- In a wrongful death lawsuit you can claim for the following:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of future earnings from the deceased
- Emotional pain and suffering from the survivors
- Loss of companionship, care, and guidance from the deceased
According to Ontario Family Law Act, the blood relatives of the deceased (spouse, children, grandchildren, sailings and parents) are allowed to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit and claim damages. The calculations that go into determining proper financial penalties are complex, and at Azimi law we use our extensive resources to get you the compensation that you deserve.
If you have any questions or concerns call Azimi Law for no obligation free consultation.